Even though Samhain is still a little over a month away I'm already feeling it's influence. This years Fall Equinox hit me like a ton of bricks. Change is needed, it's overdue, and it's coming. To fight it will only make it worse.
I have to remember that I am not my piercings. Nor am I the way I dress. However I'm realizing that first impressions and image are more important then I ever believed or wanted them to be. So with that realization it's time to move on.
As of tomorrow my lip ring is coming out and sadly my stretched ears most likely as well. Hopefully they will shrink down quickly and quietly as I am ready to face another chapter of my life. And as ready as I want to be for it, change is difficult even if that something is not helping me in the long run.
While I have a job interview tomorrow I'm not too excited for the position. I am however excited to be at least doing something to help myself and get myself out there. School is going and going to use that to my full advantage to make something of my life. I have lived in despair for too long and it's going to stop.
Only I can make me happy and I need to be able to live with myself and know I'm doing my best and not hiding behind BS excuses. So here i go....
....taking that first step.....
....soon....
....the first step is always the hardest......
Here's to a brighter tomorrow.
You are absolutely wonderful and if it takes your lip ring coming out and your ear lobes looking 'normal' again, so be it. I let my ears shrink back to almost nothing from 0 so I know it can be done. Try rubbing vitamin E oil onto them. It at least couldn't hurt.
ReplyDeleteAlso, know that Dayna and I are always here if you need someone to vent to. :) You are inspiring and influential. You need to get back into your comfort zone. Just remember you aren't ever alone.
I'm just downstairs in my car stalking you. ;) You know. In case you need me... >.> lol
Took the plugs out last night before I went to bed. Still haven't taken the lip ring out, but will today to give me time to be comfortable without it.
ReplyDeleteI cancelled my interview with the Oxford International people after reading some of the things the job entails. Sounded like a glorified telemarketer and I just don't have time to deal with that stuff. I want to be working hands on with the technology not trying to sell and trade and people. Just sounded like a shady company.
Eew. Telemarketing blows. Good call there.
ReplyDelete